Tuesday, February 9, 2021
9:00 – 10:30 am
2021-02-09 09:00:00 2021-02-09 10:30:00 America/Los_Angeles The State of Economic Development Join the LVGEA to gain insight on the investments being made in Nevada through economic development and job creation. Zoom
Your ticket includes:
- 1 digital copy of Southern Nevada Community Map
- 1 digital copy of LVGEA's Annual Report
- Priority access to the recording post event
Executive Director, Governor’s Office of Economic Development
Governor Steve Sisolak appointed Michael Brown as Director of the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED). Brown moved from his role as Director of the Nevada Department of Business and Industry.
As Sisolak’s inaugural Director of Business & Industry, Brown oversaw 12 diverse state agencies. He also handled other important initiatives that directly impacted Nevadans, such as access to capital, small business resources, minority advocacy, and consumer protection.
Brown has served on numerous philanthropic, business and education boards and committees, including as a current member of LVGEA 50, LVGEA’s Board of Directors.
Dr. Melody Rose
Chancellor, Nevada System of Higher Education
The chancellor is appointed by the Board of Regents to serve as chief executive officer for the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). She supervises the eight NSHE presidents and ensures the Board of Regents polices are implemented throughout the system. As chancellor, she is the System liaison with the governor, state legislators, and other public officials and community leaders.
The Nevada Board of Regents unanimously approved the selection of Dr. Melody Rose as the chancellor of the Nevada System of Higher Education in June 2020.
During a 25-year career in higher education Dr. Rose has been a leader as an academic faculty member and administrator, who has focused on improving student access and success to higher education in Oregon.
Dr. Rose’s leadership roles have included serving as the Chancellor of the Oregon University System, Portland State University’s Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Instruction and Dean of Undergraduate Studies, and chair of Portland State University’s Division of Political Science.
Prior to creating and running the consulting firm Rose Strategies, LLC, Dr. Rose most recently served as President of Marylhurst University from 2014 to 2019.
President & CEO, Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
Jonas Peterson serves as President and CEO of the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA). In that role, he leads a talented team focused on strengthening the regional economy and positioning LVGEA as a national leader in community and economic development.
Since its launch in 2012, LVGEA has more than tripled in size to become the largest nonprofit business association in Nevada. During that time, LVGEA has helped over 170 companies create more than 23,000 jobs and deliver $12 billion in economic impact throughout Southern Nevada. Some of the more notable projects include Hyperloop One, Amazon, Sutherland Global, Barclaycard, Machine Zone and many others.
Jonas received a M.S. in Community and Economic Development from Pennsylvania State University and a M.B.A. from North Dakota State University. He is a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), graduate of Oklahoma University’s Economic Development Institute (OUEDI), graduate of Stanford University’s Executive Program, Leadership Series graduate at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and a Certified Business Retention and Expansion Consultant.
He is actively involved in many community organizations and currently sits on the boards of the International Economic Development Council, WaterStart, Las Vegas HEALS and Anthem Community Church.
SVP of Switch Cities, Switch
Betsy Fretwell will serve as the moderator for State of Economic Development. She is chairwoman of the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance’s Board of Directors.
Betsy graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor’s degree in political science and a master’s degree in public administration. She completed the Harvard University Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program in 2007. She had an extensive background in local government before joining the City of Las Vegas, serving as intergovernmental relations director for the city of Henderson, in addition to previously working as a strategic issues manager for Clark County where she was involved in public policy, legislative lobbying and organizational analysis.
Betsy currently serves on the editorial board for the Public Administration Review. She was inducted as a fellow into the National Academy of Public Administration in November 2012 and is a credentialed member of the International City/County Management Association. She served over a decade on the board of the Local Government Managers Association of Nevada (LOGMAN) in various leadership roles. She served as chairman of the Nevada Public Radio board of directors from 2010 to 2012 and is currently chair of the Community Advisory Board. She also previously served as a member of the Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) board and the Governor’s Commission on Medical Education, Research, and Training.
About the Event
Join the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 for the State of Economic Development event.
The State of Economic Development brings together elected officials, as well as community and business leaders from Southern Nevada and across the state to celebrate our advancements and gain insight on the investments being made in Nevada through economic development and job creation.
Remarks will be followed by updates from city and county leaders working to advance new development and redevelopment throughout Southern Nevada.
- Website recognition at SOED event website
- Link to your company website from Event Homepage
- Logo representation on Event Homepage
- Logo image to use on your company website and social media; highlighting Champion Sponsorship
- Representation on SOED Event promotional materials
- Logo representation on lower thirds PSA
- Sponsor Spotlight on marketing email for you to tell your story to the LVGEA audiences. Includes space for company overview, click through to your url of choice, video or image placement as well as logo.
- Recognition on social platforms with logo and hyperlink to page of your choice
- Number of Tickets: 45
- Logo represented on Live Virtual Event
- Verbal Recognition by Host
- Logo present on lower thirds throughout the event
- Logo placement on lower thirds for PSA duration of 30s spot
- 45 Copies of the Printed 2021 Community Map
- Recognition as an Innovation Sponsor on SOED Event Website
- Company logo representation on SOED Event Homepage
- Link to your company website on SOED Event Homepage
- Logo recognition on social platforms
- Number of Tickets: 25
- Logo represented on Virtual Event during sponsor loop
- Verbal recognition during event with on screen logo
- 25 Copies of the Printed 2021 Community Map
- Recognition as a Development Sponsor on SOED Event Homepage
- Company logo on SOED Event Homepage
- Recognition on social platforms with tagged thank you
- Number of Tickets: 15
- Recognition as a Development Sponsor in event sponsor loop
- Logo represented on Virtual Event during sponsor loop
- 15 Copies of the Printed 2021 Community Map